End of Tenancy Cleaning
When you took your apartment on rent, it was all clean and beautiful. Obviously, you had all the right to get yourself (and family) a clean, safe and hygienic place to live in. I am sure you will agree that it is a tenant’s duty to maintain the same level of hygiene and cleanliness during your tenancy.
For more information on what Professional End of Tenancy cleaning entails, please visit End of Tenancy Cleaning Services
So, are you moving out anytime soon?
Besides the moral duty, if you remember, your Rental
Contract has a clause that as a tenant, you need to restore the property to its
original condition;and Boom! All painting, polishing, cleaning, vacuuming
etc.are now about to enter your world – popularly known as End of Tenancy
cleaning.If your property is small or you have ample time and resources,
you can do it yourself. However, for several people, it is cumbersome and
almost next to impossible.
Thankfully, you now have an option which can help you
a lot in saving time and energy –– “End
of Tenancy cleaning service”. It is a unique service offered to both
outgoing tenants and landlord/property owners. Today, you can simply outsource
it to trained professionals who will help you with a cost effective solution
Who needs – End of Tenancy Cleaning Service and Why?
A landlord always looks forward to restore his/her property to
itsoriginal condition to prepare the property for the new tenants. Being a
property owner, you may not be interested in leaving it to tenants for obvious
reason. Deep cleaning of your assets and infrastructure not only helps you in
getting new tenants quickly, but also better rentals.
Similarly as a tenant, you may have to get the property cleaned and restored
to the original condition as per your contract.Nowadays it is hard to get back
rental deposits backif the property is not in good shape.
Should you do – “End of Tenancy Cleaning” Yourself?
Well, that entirely depends upon your comfort, time
at-hand and availability of specialised equipment required for deep cleaning
Even if you do it yourself, you still might not get
that desired result and that level of perfection. Ensure you do notdamage it
any further in your quest for cleanliness
Professional “End of Tenancy cleaning” agents are
quick, reliable and deliver the desired results. Additionally, with more
players entering the market, the service itself is cost effective and fits well
in your budget.
We therefore recommend you to get quotations from the
renowned vendors, compare it, and negotiateto save your time and effort.
In what scenarios you should Not do – “EOT Cleaning” Yourself?
are all free to do cleaning yourself, still we recommend you to take
professional help in following scenarios:
- If it is more than cleaning, like paintings etc., for which you need
expertise and equipment
- You are allergic to dust and materials used in cleaning
- You have never cleaned it before or not very good at it
- When your apartment is big for you to clean it alone
- Lack of time is another factor
- Deposit amount is high and at stake
What determines the pricing of “End of Tenancy Service?”
Now that you have decided to hire the professional
consulting firm for “End of Tenancy cleaning”, the Next question that will come
to your mind will be about its pricing.
Therefore, without any doubt, following factors have
implication on the overall costing:-
- Current Condition of the property –It will surely cost you less if you have maintained
the property well and vice versa.
- Area of your property– Obviously, a bigger property will cost more. Bigger
the size, higher the cost. In addition, total number of rooms, kitchens,etc.
will have an impact on cost.
- Number of Items – Number of electrical and electronic items, carpets,
curtains and upholstery matter. Every item requires special care, and hence,
What Does an “End of Tenancy Service” Include?
Now, you are aware about the factors that determine
and affect your overall costing, let usdiscuss the list of inclusions that will
help you taking the final quote.
Depending upon the package you have chosen, the “End
of Tenancy service” will include following services –
- Dusting of property
- Removal of cobwebs from walls and ceilings
- Cleaning of doors and windows
- Polishing of wooden furniture.
- Carpet cleaning
- Vacuum services
- Pest control
- Cleaning of electronic items like microwave, refrigerator, etc.
- Cleaning of light fittings, sockets and switches
- Bathroom and toilet cleaning
How to Choose a Good “End of Tenancy” Service provider–
You being a landlord or a tenant, should always be
careful while choosing a vendor since the services are important for you to
rent it again or get your deposit back
Better, be careful so that you do not have to regret
If you do not know anyone personally or through some
reference, following points, you must consider before finalising the vendor –
- Read out the website of the vendor
- Check the pricing policy; it should be itemised and transparent. Also,
check if there is any hidden clause that might cost you at the end of service
- Check the reviews on social media. Overall, social media presence and
reviews tells you a lot about the vendor.
- Press coverage if any
- Number of years in business
All these factors are important for you to decide and
select a renowned vendor.
Post Cleaning Checklist–
- Read out your contract well for all Conditions. Consider Inventor
checklist as a guiding principle.
- Walls – Check if the walls are properly cleaned or consider repainting.
- Check Doors – handles, colour, and locks etc. are working
properly or not.
- Windows – Both Interior and exterior
- Check all Bathroom Taps and
Toilet Seats, and if they are cleaned well and are stainless.
- Furniture, fixtures and lighting should be cleaned or polished well as per your
- Mirrors – Check all Mirrors in your apartment, you can easily
rub and clean them, as required.
- Check Kitchen – Sink, walls, Modular items, Taps etc. are properly
- Carpetsand Curtainsetc. are drycleaned or vacuumed properly.
- Do check each room for
wardrobes, walls and lighting, furniture etc. as per the plan.
- When you are ready to move out finally, ensure that your floor/carpet is
nicely cleaned (when the cleaning service provider is moving out).
Facts related to EOT Cleaning–
Some facts you should know about EOT or End of Tenancy
cleaning services –
- Tenants are responsible for proper cleaning and upkeep of the property,
and can be held responsible for rise of any disease etc. due to lack of
- You should always plan your end of tenancy service well in advance,as
last minute rush could put you in unnecessary trouble
- EOT cleaning is important and a must clause for getting your deposit
back. Your exit can be a problematic and can result in dispute if this is not
- Deep Cleaning takes considerable time. However, in most cases, you get
to know this when you start doing it. Therefore, if you still want to do it
yourself, you should plan it properly and set aside sufficient time and arrange
necessary equipment to carry it out
- Note that your Landlord can demand the pre-decided level cleanliness and
hygiene as per the contract. However, he cannot force you to use the services
of any particular vendor.
- There are vendors who can clean your house even if you are not there or
in your absence.
- Check In Inventory you should always consider at the time of cleaning.
This will also act as a benchmark if the service you have used has actually
served its purpose or not. Property owner will always go by the Inventory list
and clauses you have accepted initially. Make sure they are taken care.
We all want to move in a perfectly cleaned house and
in hygienic condition. Similarly, we should also focus on leaving it all clean
and safe for other tenants to live.
Each of us are short of time and even if we have it,
we like to use it in productive tasks or for personal recreation. Thus, it is
better to outsource certain tasks like End of Tenancy Cleaning that require
skilled professionals to get perfection along with time saving.
EOT cleaning is difficult to carry out without proper
equipment and work forceand hence most people cannot do it themselves.
Nevertheless, on a brighter side, we have highly skilled professional EOT
cleaning service providers to get our cleaning tasks done in no time without
our involvement. This further ensures the swift clearance of Landlord’s
Inspection and refund of security deposit.
While you are free to select any vendor, we highly
recommend you to opt for a professional EOT cleaning company.
In any Professional company, look for the factors like
its brand, website, service, pricing transparency and other conditions
Make sure the checklist with initial inventory list is
ready to ensure every single task as per your rental contract is all okay as
per the contract.